Friday, August 17, 2007

5 fun facts for friday with a spin















I'll provide the facts, after you try to guess the answers!


Let's talk toys.....

1. The game of Twister didn't start out named "Twister". Can you guess it's original name?
2. This toy was created in ancient Greece more than 3000 years ago.
3.Every second, 3 (three) of this toy is sold around the world. What is it?
4. What toy originally entered the market as a wallpaper cleaner?
5. What game is found in one out of three American homes?


bonus question: Kites in Hawaii originally had a specific purpose. What were they used for?


Play by leaving your guesses in the comments section or scroll down and look at the answers at the end of the page.

8 comments:

rzdesign said...

1. Knots, although it was invented near WWII, it was said to be twisted lke Nazis, but the maker did not feel that would sell so well and was less than sensitive so they changed the name to Knots, which later was changed to Twister.

2. Slip N' Slide! Get it, Greece>Grease>Slip N' Slide! Cracked me u p!

3. Barbie! She sure does get around. Thank you Yoe!

4. Some sort of eraser like sticky thing. Slime?

5. Monopoly or Scrabble. Although with literacy rates being what they are I think that would eliminate Scrabble!

Bonus: Sails for canoes. Hey when you been to hawaii as many times as I have and been on more than a couple of tours. . .

Lisa Ryan said...

Great answers R!

rzdesign said...

Looks like I may have this one in the bag! Where is everybody?

Lisa Ryan said...

in the bag with one right answer! ;-)

Willie Baronet said...

1. Sex dots
2. yo-yo
3. doll
4. silly putty
5. Monopoly
bonus: warning planes

How did I do??

Lisa Ryan said...

hey Willie! one and a half right but oh so close on another.

rzdesign said...

Really? Just one? knew two for sure! Barbie and the Bonus!

rzdesign said...

I do not think anyone else is going to post especially as this is n ot even in view due to the length of you Monday post. So what are the answers? I think I know some more via research, but as you Jerry Roached me on the bonus question, I would not hazard a guess.