Friday, August 24, 2007

The $50,000 Question Meme







The $50,000 Question

Travis tagged me for this meme. While I am not a big fan of memes, I am a big fan of Trav's Thoughts (and especially his writing) so here it is.

A philanthropist awards you $50,000 with the stipulation that you may use half of it for yourself and the other half you must use for the benefit of others. By “benefit of others” it can mean anything really, buying a gift for a family member or donating to a charity. (Based on the questions below I think I might need much more than $50,000)

A. How do you spend the money on yourself?
3 years ago we bought a camp/cottage up north. It was finished inside to studs and insulation but no interior walls. We've been finishing each room and have the great room and kitchen left. I would use the money for that.

B. How do you use the money for others?
Divide it between local organizations I've been involved with. $5000 each to the village food pantry, Literacy volunteers, Ronald McDonald House, Vera House, Rape Crisis Center.

C. If you were to spend part of your money to have a performer do a show for you, who would it be and why? Andrea Bocelli. His singing moves me to tears. And I even have the perfect venue. Boldt Castle on Heart Island.

D. If you were to use it on a new vehicle for yourself, what kind? I drive an older model (1993) Saab convertible that I love and would use the money to buy a new top and maybe some new seats for it. Oh and a new muffler. Cause that just went.

E. If you spent part of it to go to a “fantasy” camp, what type would you choose? Spa baby. Preferably in Switzerland.

F. If you were to use it to buy season tickets for a sports team, what team would it be? SU season tickets! Go 'Cuse!

G. If you were to use it to go on a cruise (assuming you like cruises) where would you cruise to?
I'd love to visit the Greek Islands.

H. If you were to use it to go to NYC to see a show (or shows) what would you see? Young Frankenstein (especially with Megan Mullaly in it) and How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

I. Totally off subject (but since Fall is coming) what is your favorite carnival food.
This is easy since our NYState Fair started here yesterday! I love the fair. In the horticulture building you can get hot baked potatoes (with butter,sour cream, and cheese) for a buck! You can also get freshly made hot apple crisp there too. Mmmm mmmm good.

Thanks Trav for the tag! I am tagging Vanessa so that maybe she will start blogging again. She hasn't blogged since March and I miss her fun posts! Go visit her at The Broken Junk Drawer and tell her Lisa sent you.

3 comments:

Travis Cody said...

YAY! Thanks for playing.

We're doing home improvements here at the condo too. Isn't it great to finish each project?

Lisa Ryan said...

Hi Trav, hope your projects are going well! I love working on camp and finishing projects. It is just very slow going. :-)

Julie said...

Oh crap! I got tagged for this one toooooooooo! YIKES!

Cool answers my friend.