Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Whiskey and Bread Pudding


I went to an Irish whiskey and bread pudding tasting recently.
Five of us grrrrrls went and only one of us was a whiskey lover.
I personally just don't like it unless it is mixed with something.
BUT, we all did our little tasting quite nicely.
It consisted of Jamesons, Tullemore Dew, and Michael Collins.
Each of them served straight up and then again in mixed drinks.

Here is a little of what I learned about Irish Whiskey:

Whiskey is the anglicization of the ancient Gaelic term "visce beatha" translated as "water of life". Irish whiskey is believed to be one of the earliest distilled beverages in Europe, starting around the 12th century. The old Bushmills distillery is the oldest licensed distillery. It was licensed by James I in 1608.

There is a new Irish Whiskey out! I want to try it just so I can ask for it. Feckin Irish Whiskey -as the ad says -a whiskey for the rogue in all of us

Bread pudding recipe coming later this week. Mmm mmm good.