Monday, April 09, 2007

Manic Monday 'Snap"





“Listen to the fairy song of health, the merry chorus sung by Kellogg's Rice Krispies as they merrily snap, crackle, and pop in a bowl of milk.” (1932 radio ad)








Originally designed by illustrator Vernon Grant, they made their debut in 1933.

Snap!™ is the oldest and the leader of the group. He solves the problems his two brothers create and wears a baker’s hat.

Crackle!™ is the good-hearted, fun middle child. He gets stuck keeping order between his brothers’ personalities and wears a red-and-white-striped stocking cap.

Pop!™ is the mischievous, clumsy younger child. He plays jokes, doesn’t take things seriously and wears a military hat.

Snap, Crackle, Pop! (and Pow?) In the 1950's a concept for a fourth brother named "Pow" was created but never used.


14 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

The great minds are working together again. Comedy Plus did the noisy trio from another angle.

Thank you for the childhood memories.

Schmoop said...

Very clever use of Snap Lisa....Cheers!!

Carrie said...

Cute! I never would have thought of these guys :) Happy Manic Monday!

Mo and The Purries said...

Before today, I hadn't had a craving for Rice Krispie Treats in ages -- now I'm craving 'em something fierce!

cheers! great SNAP post!
~mo

Danielle said...

Happy MM.
I never knew they were so developed as characters.

Be well and enjoy the day

Sandee said...

I just love these little elves... I did my MM post on them too. Have a great MM :)

Lizza said...

Ohhh, the memories. Good post! Snap sounds like just my big brother, cleaning up his younger siblings' mess. Haha!

Happy MM!

Stine said...

Very clever! Thanks for visiting!

Desert Songbird said...

I'm more like Pop - the mischievous youngest child.

Great MM post - thanks for stopping by my place.

Neila said...

What a great post for snap! And I love those things. Frosted Rice Krispies are my favorites, and those are surprisingly hard to find!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Great post! :)
It's true what they say about great minds.

I didn't know about Pow, though...interesting information.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Great post! :)
It's true what they say about great minds.

I didn't know about Pow, though...interesting information.

Travis Cody said...

I love the Snap, Crackle, Pop theme!

Unknown said...

POW? Dang I never knew that.

Later Y'all