Thursday, November 16, 2006

LEGo MAN

One of my favorite places to shop in the city is FAO Schwartz.
There is so much to see and do there!
Last night I spent some time in Legoland.
The statues below are all life size reproductions.
Each is built with legos (and legos and legos!)
They started with one brick and went up from there.
no forms were used.
Sean Kenney is the brick artist on the statues below.



































































This is part of a a lego city in FAO Schwartz.
The farther back you stand, the better you can see the face of the artist on top of the red building. Click the LEGo MAN link at the top of this post to see additional work he's done.

6 comments:

rzdesign said...

or you can squint and see him better! FUN! I like Hagrid!

Lisa Ryan said...

Me too! everything was so detailed. Hagrid's coat has pockets, you can even see the muscle definition in Batman's legs.

rzdesign said...

Um! I think you were looking a bit too close!

Just T said...

I love this. Wish we had something like that here in Australia. Unfortunately, it seems the art of lego is getting lost in all the electronic gadgets these days. I remember as a kid, having hours of fun making cities etc with my younger brother. BRING BACK LEGO lol

Lisa Ryan said...

Tina, I still love playing with legos!

I will see you tomorrow Meow!
xo

TheTart said...

Very cool pics, as always!

Thanks for stopping by my place. NYC was great as always!

Big Apple Smooches,
The Tart
; *