Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Beauty and nostalgia

Random beauty and nostalgia tidbits from my week.

I went down into the basement this morning looking for a drawing book I have hidden away somewhere, couldn't find the drawing book but I dragged up my favorite children's book and re-read it.







our well read copy does not look like this anymore. it has no cover, some red marker drawings on it, but it still says to jenna love mommy 1987


reading the book made me miss the "little ones" being all together






(Christmas)



The sun came out long enough this morning to give the road and sky a golden glow.




















and last, but not least, it was snowing on Tuesday at the same time the sun was setting and it looked like the trees were on fire.














Hope you're all having a good week!

3 comments:

v said...

Amazing photos. And we moms of four know which is the most beautiful ;-). These days, I'd need a lasso to get my brood to stand still, in the same place, at the same time.

Though a meal does a pretty good job ;-).

And those gorgeous landscapes MUST be sketched...or painted...or framed...you really have some serious photographic talent IMHO. An eye for beauty.

Lisa Ryan said...

V, yes we do! I think we need to do the watercolor class so we can experiment with color.

Jenna, I can practically feel your pink feetie pajama'd snuggly body on my lap as you "read" aloud with me every time. :-)

Just T said...

aww I left a comment yesterday but it must have gotten lost in cyberspace !!!

I basically said that I loved the pictures. The one of your "little ones" made me think about my siblings and I (I am the eldest of 4 kids), and how I can't remember the last time we were all together. We all have families of our own now, and are spread across the state and country boohoo