Monday, January 08, 2007

Only in your dreams....















Have you heard of lucid dreaming?
The dream state where you know you are dreaming but are totally aware of your surroundings and can take control of what you are doing in your dreams? Like flying whenever you want.

I first read about it back in the 80's and was fascinated. I tried the exercises (yes there are excercises) to promote lucid dreaming. It really worked. It worked so well it kinda freaked me out. I could control what I did and dreams seemed a little too real at the time.

I got thinking of this today as wonderful daughter Jenna and I had the same dream last night. In different cities and at different times but the same dream nonetheless.

I think it would be interesting to revisit lucid dreaming and see where I travel!
Want to come?

more info on lucid dreaming

3 comments:

Kate said...

Very cool - I'm going to have to google that now!

Hale said...

While I have had lucid dreams before, I can't say that I really dig them, so I don't think I want to learn how to have them. lol

Maybe they would be better if I could have them at will. *shrug*

Lisa Ryan said...

It is cool that you can make yourself fly at will!