Thursday, December 06, 2007

The dentist











I love my dentist. well, not really my dentist (although he is kinda cute) but my dentist's office and they way they do things there. Here are the top 10 reasons I now enjoy going to the dentist.

1. They greet you when you walk in the door "HEY, Lisa's here!" Just like in Cheers, everyone knows your name.

2. They serve coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. This is especially nice at 7:30 am on a cold, snowy morning.

3. They show funny dentist related movies on a flat screen tv while you're waiting. Yes, funny and dentist in the same sentence and without laughing gas! WC Fields and Three Stooges funny.

4. They give you headphones and music so you don't have to hear those big ol nasty drill sounds.

5. They let you hold their hand when the foot long needle makes an appearance and let you squeeze the hand until their fingers go numb.

6. They never tell you "oh it's fine you big baby"

7. They accept a payment plan. Hey 4 kids had braces, there better be a payment plan.

8. They don't say "tsk tsk" when your 15 year old loses his retainer for the 3rd time. They call him into the office and say "do you think your mom and dad's money grows on trees? do NOT lose this retainer again or we will install it permanently in your mouth"

9. They do pro bono work when you ask if they could provide a Bosnian refuge with dental work.

10. Bottom line? They give great customer service.
and it's worth every penny of the beautiful corvette convertible my dentist now drives.

9 comments:

Schmoop said...

I dont care how nice they are there. Dentists are sadists. Cheers Lisa!!

Durward Discussion said...

At least you don't have to face this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Lisa Ryan said...

Matt-Man, my dentist as a kid was one of those! as a matter of fact he looked and sounded just like the one in the movie clip that Jamie linked to.

Jamie, that was a hoot. :-)

Julie said...

Are you truly serious? Your dentist is all that?

Lisa Ryan said...

All that and more Julie!

Travis Cody said...

I had a great dentist when I was a kid. I learned that the dentist is an ok place from that guy.

Just T said...

I need to find me a dentist office like yours! I have a HUGE phobia of dentists. Seriously, I haven't been to a dentist since the school dentist van came around lol

Lisa Ryan said...

Trav, my kids do too thank goodness, it makes a big difference.

T, you do need to find one like this! going to a bad dentist is awful. believe me, the one I had as a kid WAS a sadist.

Anonymous said...

i love dr. clark! you forgot to mention the AMAZING rack of magazines and the pretty skylights above the reclining chair.

love, jenna (who can't ever remember her password and is too impatient to look it up on blogger)