Thursday, December 27, 2007

12 Lords a Leaping!



One of my favorite holiday traditions is exchanging gifts with Richard. For the past few years I have sent him giftsto open each night of Hanukkah and he has sent me gifts to open for the 12 days of Christmas. The 12 days of Christmas usually begin AFTER Christmas but seeing as that is way too long to wait to open presents, I get to open one each day for 11 days prior to Christmas and end the last gift on Christmas day.

This year he outdid himself on the fun and creativity scale.

Here are the 12 days received:

Day 1: a partridge and pear ornament
Day 2: Turtle candies and Dove raspberry chocolates
Day 3: a flock of chicks from Heifer.org
Day 4: a cd of calling birds
Day 5: 5 golden napkin rings
Day 6: down filled slippers
Day 7: a giant inflatable swan for riding on the river and 3 baby swans
Day 8: chocolate milk powder from Max Brenner
Day 9: a drum from Indonesia
Day 10: 10 frosting tips and piping bags
Day 11: a cd of 11 dance songs from divas
Day 12: 12 Lords (frogs) a leapin! (as seen above)

Thanks Richard! I am already looking forward to next year :-)

12 comments:

rzdesign said...

MInd you now. . .

Hannukah - EIGHT days

Xmas - 12 Days!

I sometimes feel screwed!

LOL! Sadly, I think I have more fun finding and giving then you did opening!

Post some pictures of the other gifts!

Travis Cody said...

What a great tradition! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday.

Anonymous said...

how totally cool! That rocks!

Schmoop said...

That's sweet. Enjoy the dozen of cool stuff. Cheers Lisa!!

Lisa Ryan said...

R, glad you have fun getting them! 'cause I love opening them!

Travis, it was a good one. Hope yours was too.

Hi Lois, it does rock!

Thanks Matt-man, want to come over and play with my new toys?

Durward Discussion said...

What a wonderful friend and great gifts. Fortunately, my daughter won't see this or she would wrestle you for the frogs. My kids did the 8 days of Chanukah for me and I'm doing the 12 days of Christmas in their proper order on the blog. Tomorrow is day four. Stop by if you get the chance.

Schmoop said...

Lisa: Be still my heart!!

Lisa Ryan said...

Hi Jamie, yay for the 8 days of Hanukkah! I'll come over and check out your 12 days of Christmas.

Julie said...

WOW! This is SO cool!

#6 is very original! I love it!

Just T said...

That is a wonderful tradition you and Richard have. And great ideas for the presents he gave you!!!

Lisa Ryan said...

Hi Julie, it was hard for me to pick a favorite, they were all great. The slippers are cozy. :-)

Hi T, Happy New Year! I think so too.

Anonymous said...

Can u help? I'm doing the 12 days of Christmas but I don't want to do frogs for 'Lords a Leaping'.. any ideas?