Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Here comes fun












and what could be the next big photo fad.

The Zink mobile printer lets you print business card size photos (2 in. x 3 in.) on photopaper or paper with a sticky back. It's small enough to fit in your pocket and is conveniently inkless (the name is an abbreviation of zero ink), so you don't have to worry about any mess. You can hook it up to your camera phone through a USB port or Bluetooth, and it's also compatible with the Pictbridge camera.

The Zink could be used as a mobile photobooth or become the next big party fad, like the Poloroid Izone camera once was. But it could also be used in the design world as a tool for ideation sessions and rapid prototyping.

It's not out yet! The Zink will be available later this year, and pricing information is not available. I'll keep you posted. :-)

7 comments:

rzdesign said...

call me a picker of gnits. . .

a standard sized business card, horizontal in format, measures 3.5 x 2

Lisa Ryan said...

nits are parasitic little creatures, you shouldn't pick them.

di.di said...

2 in. x 3 in is too small....

Lisa Ryan said...

Hi DD,
I guess it depends on what you'll do with the photos.

rzdesign said...

I disagree. Why would you NOT pick them if you had them!

Lisa Ryan said...

ok, I guess you would want to pick them to get rid of them..... yuck.

Travis Cody said...

I like this gadget! I have pictures trapped in my phone.