Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Two for Tuesday

Two views of my camera fund.



















Yes, I am saving for a new camera and this bank is one of my methods of saving. This is the spare change I have saved since Christmas (when I got this bank). I stoop to emptying coat pockets, cleaning under couch cushions, and picking up any spare change that makes its way into the laundry room (hey, it's fair game)

My other method of saving is to answer survey questions and give feedback on potential products and advertising for a major food company (kraft) in which I get amazon.com gift certifcates and so far, have $110.00 to spend there.

granted, it make take me awhile to get the camera of my dreams - a digital, slr - but I have narrowed it down to a canon or nikon and am doing some research.

anyone have an opinion on digital slr cameras?? feel free to share.

7 comments:

Travis Cody said...

I don't have an opinion on the camera - I don't know that much about them.

But I did want to say that I love that bank!!

Lisa Ryan said...

me too! it's from the Discovery Store. :-)

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Lisa. I like that bank. How cool is that... tells you how much is in it.

I really love my digital camera. It's a Kodak though right now I don't remember the model number and can't go get it because the cat is on me, haha. It has a 10 times optical zoom which is really important to me. It's only a 4 mega pixel, but that's pretty good for everything I have done so far. The newer ones like mine have higher mega pixels now.

Mo and The Purries said...

First of all: you change jar ROCKS! that digital counter is awesome!
I want one for the "shelter donation" jar on my counter by the cash register!!!
And, I have a Kodak digital camera that is very good. Rosie O'Donnell has several digital cameras (yes, I'm a rosie dot com junkie) and she says that the canon & nikon are better.
There are several online sites that compare/contrast digital cameras, but I am very happy with my Kodak.
Just my 2 cents.
You can add them to the jar!
cheers,
mo

Claire said...

Hey we are saving for the same thing! and i have a jar of money too, its a 4.5 litre old whisky bottle (if i had camera would show you!)
Camera advice, one of my favourite bloggers is a Photographer and he would point you in the right direction.
Thats the link
http://www.ryanvelting.com/

Lisa Ryan said...

Thanks for the good tips eveyone!

Alice, zoom is important to me as well.

Mo, that change jar would be perfect for donations!

Claire,
Thanks for Ryan's address, I'll go check out the blog.

Kate said...

Awesome way to save!
What is your price limit? I am all about Nikon. This guy wrote an amazing detailed review on my camera and has on many many others. Check this out - it may be of some help -
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/