Saturday, March 04, 2006

4 things you can do with a hole in the wall

This is the hole in the wall.
Made the night before a big party.
By one of the boys when roughhousing.
Who, out of respect, shall remain nameless.
(15 years old, middle son, mentioned in a previous post
about a fish)




Option 1: Fix it.
(no, no time )





Option 2: Put flowers in it.
(no, you can still see the hole.)







Option 3: Cover it.
(yes! perfect excuse to
get that wall hanging
I've wanted from Pier 1.)








option 4: when you are bored,
take a photo of it and turn it
into something else.



(and no the hole is not fixed yet)

8 comments:

rzdesign said...

You could also fill the hole with cheese; inlay small mosaic tiles; make the hole go all the way through the wall and install a window; build a birdcage in it; leave it and put a name plate near it identifying it as art; hide small animals in it; paint it green; sell tickets to see the image of jesus in your wall (i know you can't but have you seen the most recent jesus in sheet metal?); hang some beads in front of it and tell people you crawl in there when you feel small; fill it with AAA baterries; do I need to go on?

Lisa Ryan said...

If I fill the hole with cheese I can be sure there will be small animals hidden in it!
I like the mosaic tile idea.
I don't think Zach would appreciate having a window into his room.
Birds are too messy.
Name plate - good idea, and I can install a spotlight to showcase the art!
did you notice that the image DOES look like a face. hmmmm,I'll have to figure out who it is.
I've been wondering what to do with all those old batteries!
thanks for all the suggestions.

Lisa Ryan said...

We can serve drinks from it and say "let's go have a drink at that little hole in the wall"!

Anonymous said...

tele-AIM-conferences are fun.


-mike.

Lisa Ryan said...

they are! :-)

mace said...

very nice! I like the last idea. I love how at this size the liquify filter helps it look like a fractal image!

Very creative use of holes in the walls.

Lisa Ryan said...

I'd like to know more about fractal images!

Kate said...

Well, I just lOvE that wall hanging from Peir 1. Please tell me you got that recently cuz I'm gonna have to make a trip if so!