Monday, January 23, 2006

From Caramel Latte to Reindeer Milk

My addiction. Dunkin Donut's Caramel Swirl Lattes.

I LOVE them. Before I'm through with my first sip, my mouth is already humming "mmmmmm".

I don't order the full calorie ladden Caramel Swirl Latte. I ask for "a large Caramel Latte made with skim milk and no whipped cream" The low cal version. There is an 81 calorie difference between skim and whole milk in a 10 oz. cup of latte.

I know this because I went to this clever little website that gives you the nutrition values for milk. Not just for cow's milk either (which is the lowest in calories at 150 per glass). I learned about all kinds of milk! Goat's milk has 160 calories, Buffalo Milk has 236, Sheep's milk has 264, and Reindeer Milk has a whopping 580. Reindeer Milk! full of protein and fat. who knew that?

So if you are counting calories I wouldn't drink reindeer milk.

But, if you find you have some extra reindeer milk in your fridge, you can put some on your face as it leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and soft with a hydrated appearance. And it will soften and nourish your lips as well.

5 comments:

rzdesign said...

In the words of the Fockers "If it has teets, you can milk it!"

As for who knew Reindeer milk had so many calories, protein and fat, I am thinking baby reindeer!

Lisa Ryan said...

I bet Santa knew it too!

rzdesign said...

What the hell is Santa doing on the receiving end of reindeer milk?

Lisa Ryan said...

Having some with his cookies at the North Pole, geesh.

rzdesign said...

"And it will soften and nourish your lips too."
Again, why would anyone find themselves that close to the milk dispensery!