Thursday, February 02, 2006

Foot Reflexology HNT


"A natural healing art, based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet and hands which correspond to every part of the body."

I was introduced to foot reflexology many years back when my brother was ill with cancer. An acquaintance, from India, offered to come out to the house and give David some reflexology treatments to help make him more comfortable.

It worked. It made him feel better.

I've used it since then on all the children. Stomach ache? give me your feet. Headache? give me your hands.

I had a reflexology session at a spa once and it was amazing. I saw colors behind my closed eyes for an hour. The reflexologist said it had to do with chakras. I just know if felt great and it was like watching a fireworks show in my head.

Reflexology has been known to be effective for back pain, migraine, infertility, arthritis, sleep disorders, hormonal imbalances, sports injuries, digestive disorders, and stress-related conditions.

Here is a reflexology chart.

4 comments:

rzdesign said...

can you do it to yourself?

Lisa Ryan said...

you can, but....
the response is much weaker.
kind of like tickling yourself - not much effect.
It's much nicer to have someone do it for you.

Willie Baronet said...

So why the hell haven't you done some on me when I'm in Syracuse??

Lisa Ryan said...

LOL, we can add a reflexology session to your class :-)