Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rainbows

London 2004












Who doesn't love rainbows?

I love them in the sky, in my car, in an oil slick on the road, in a sprinkler on a sunny day, and on it goes.

I especially love rainbows in my office.

I have been trying to capture the rainbows in my office every time they make an appearance and they are soooo hard to capture on a digital camera (with a shutter delay).

But I did manage to capture these.


rainbow splatters







handheld






rainbow in motion





rainbows in the office have been provided courtesy of a double rainbow maker provided courtesy of my good friend Richard.

The rainbow maker hangs in a window and rotates by solar power.

9 comments:

mace said...

That's just lovely! I adore rainbows. Adore them! Such lovely manifestations of light. Nice!

Kate said...

That is so cool! That last picture is neat. Love the motion.
Does your friend sell these?

Kate said...

oh doh! i missed the link - just went to the page where they are being sold! i'm so lame sometimes!

rzdesign said...

no he doesn't sell them but he sure does rock as a gift giver! There are lots of places you can find them online too!

Anonymous said...

How do you catch a wave upon the sand? How do you hold a rainbow in your hand? Well I think the song really says 'moonbeam in your hand' but it's all reflected light and rainbow-in-motion is now my new wallpaper and i have you to thank! :)

Lisa Ryan said...

Mace - I was on your blog looking for your website link (is there one?) and saw your rainbow post. You DO like rainbows.

Hi Kate - it is cool isn't it?
your kiddies would love it!

Richard- you are the BEST gift giver.

Hi Chelsea - I am so glad you liked it!

6:32 PM

KaraMia said...

cool pic...2 of my favs: rainbows and London :-)

usually VT winters are cold and gray (no sunshine :-( but the other day, it was sunny after a quick snow storm...I heard a rumor that someone saw a sno-bow that day :-)

Lisa Ryan said...

I haven't seen a sno-bow! that would be cool.

TheTart said...

WOW... I am a huge rainbow FAN!

I still believe in the pot-of-gold.
Super post, so glad I stopped by!

SMooch,
The Tart